St. Clement of Rome School has been transformed in order to better serve the needs of our students and families.
We are proud to share that St. Clement has adopted the Virtue Based Restorative Discipline program. This wonderful program that is supported by the Archdiocese of St. Louis, allows our students to focus on one virtue per marking period, and their weekly class meetings involve conversation about the focused virtue. Students and homerooms are recognized weekly for their virtuous deeds, and the teachers are participating in monthly discussions to foster virtue in their personal lives. Additionally, students foster friendships and leadership opportunities across grade levels through our monthly Tribe activities. Furthermore, all our students in 1st through 8th grade attend mass at least once a week and our Junior Kindergarten and Kindergarten students attend mass during our "All School Masses".
Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten
We are very excited about our Pre-Kindergarten and Junior Kindergarten programs. Pre-Kindergarten is for 3 year olds and Junior Kindergarten is four 4 year olds. In order to be family sensitive, we offer full-day or half-day options as well as after school care if needed. Our JK and PK students complete daily lessons in Religion, Mathematics and Language Arts. Throughout the week, our JK students also complete lessons in Social Studies and Science. In addition, they have the opportunity to partake in Spanish, Physical Education, Music, Art and Library at least one time per week.
We have implanted exciting enhancements to our Middle School:
- House System: Our House System helps build a sense of community, leadership and accountability through competition. Students are encouraged to go above and beyond with the hope that these "above and beyond" behaviors become a habit. Our 7th grade students are the House Leaders.
- One-to-One Chromebooks and Google Classroom: Each 7th and 8th grade students are now one-to-one with Chromebooks, and the entire middle school participates in Google Classroom. But, we are mindful of balancing screen time with conversation, hands-on opportunities and group projects.
- Departmentalization: Students participate in departmentalized 45 minute classes. The students are learning from teachers with a variety of teaching styles, each experienced in their field, thus the students are securing a variety of learning styles.
- Camp and leadership outings: Students participate in either an overnight stay at a camp or a day of ropes-courses with their classmates and teachers. These opportunities build community and leadership skills.
Spanish & STREAM
- Spanish: Each student in grades Kindergarten through 8th grade participates in Spanish class at least once per week. The students learn grade level vocabulary, how to conjugate sentences and they practice speaking the Spanish language and appreciate Spanish-speaking cultures.
- STREAM: JK through 8th grade students participate in classes ranging from robotics to hands on science experiments to coding, while also working in our computer lab for math or language arts lessons at least once per week. Each classroom has a SMART Board. The students engage in technology through their daily lessons, further their STREAM education in science, art and math classes.